Jun 2013 View all »
June 23, 2013
The Indian River Festival offers a summer long series of fine music including classical, maritime, jazz, contemporary, choral, and traditional in the beautiful surroundings of historic St. Mary’s Church. Renowned for its extraordinary natural acoustics, and exquisitely set in rural PEI, it is a concert experience not to be missed!
Date: June 23, 2013 Venue: St. Mary's Church Address:
1374 Hamilton Rd, Indian River, Prince Edward Island, Canada
June 25, 2013
The Plaids, a young musical quartet killed in a car crash, return from the afterlife for one final chance at musical glory. With close knit harmonies, boyish squabbles and charming choreography, Forever Plaid is a smash, featuring some of the great nostalgic pop hits of the 1950s.
Start: June 25, 2013 7:00 pm End: June 25, 2013 10:00 pm Venue: Harbourfront Theatre Address:
24 Harbour Drive, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, C1N 5Y8 , Canada
June 28, 2013
All Day Entertainment with piping, drumming, highland dance, step dance and pipe band competitions, Massed Bands, Beer Tent, Gifts, Family Fun and Entertainment featuring The Barra MacNeils, The Richard Wood Trio with Brad Fremlin, Gordon Belsher and Richard Wood, Ward MacDonald, Ryan and Boyd MacNeil and Vishten.
Start: June 28, 2013 End: June 30, 2013 Venue: The College of Piping and Celtic Performing Arts of Canada Address:
619 Water Street Easst, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, C1N 4H8, Canada
To celebrate Canada’s upcoming birthday, Wyatt Heritage Properties host on the lawn between its Victorian homes, an olde fashioned carnival with five cent games, ten cent tea tent, miniature horse rides, clowns, buskers, musical entertainment, tea leaf reading, carnival food, and more. Prizes to be won. Something for all ages.
Date: June 28, 2013 Venue: Unnamed Venue Address:
205 Prince Street, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, C1N 2Z5, Canada
June 29, 2013
June 30, 2013
Celebrate Canadian multiculturalism on June 30th at DiverseCity—a family-friendly, FREE, outdoor street-festival in downtown Charlottetown, hosted by the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada!
Join us on Victoria Row and on the Plaza in front of the Confederation Centre Public Library in Charlottetown for cultural displays, activities, kids’ crafts, and international food. Experience great music, performance, and a Global Jam on the big stage on Richmond Street sponsored again this year by Murphy’s Pharmacies. Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chair and relax on the grass in front of the Coles Building and enjoy the show.
Some quotes from festival-goers:
- “What a great event! It is so wonderful to see such a variety of people from all over the world celebrating each others cultures with so much joy! Thank you to all the people who worked to hard to make this festival possible.”
- “I must say this is one of the best events that happens in PEI. It’s a really good chance to gain some experience about different cultures/heritage!! I reallly enjoyed this and had an amazing timeeee!!”
- “It was perfect! thank you all )”
- This was a wonderful event. It was the first one I attended but it will not be the last. The music, dance and food was the best!!”
- “Had a blast, DiverseCity just keeps getting better every year!! Thank you to all the organizers for all your hard work!!”
- “Bigger and better than previous years! What a fantastic event this is! Can’t wait until next year. =)”
- “We enjoyed the food, the booths, the atmosphere! Wish there were more weekends events like it through the summer!”
Time: 4:00 pm-10:00pm rain or shine.
Visit: www.peianc.com for all the details. DiverseCIty post on PEI ANC website
Rain Location: Murphy’s Community Centre, 200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown.
Date: June 30, 2013 Venue: Victoria Row /Murphy's Community Centre Address:
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada