Prince Edward Island’s first Potato Blossom Festival was celebrated in 1968 and the Town of O’Leary has been honouring the Island’s most valued cash crop ever since! This year will be an exciting one as it is the 50th anniversary of the festival. Save the dates today because you won’t want to miss out on this fun-filled celebration!
The festival takes place each year in July to mark the time when the potato plants fill the fields in full blossom. The festival has many events each year, some the same, some new:
- Cavendish Farms fry wagon
- The crowning of « Miss PEI Potato Blossom »….brought to you by the Town of O’Leary, Evangeline-Central Credit Union, O’Leary Guardian Drug, O’Leary Home Hardware, Vinny’s Restaurant, Seastate Fisheries, O’Leary Lions Club, Canadian Potato Museum, and Maple House Bakery
- the Farmer’s Awards Banquet
- bike, trike & doll carriage parade…..brought to you by Fabric, Crafts, ‘N More
- potato peeling competition….brought to you by W.P. Griffins Inc. and PEI Potato Board
- washer toss….brought to you by O’Leary Building Centre Ltd.
- car show & shine…..brought to you by Gary Steeves Insurance
- kid’s day….brought to you by Bloomfield Foodland
- O’Leary Fire Department Kid’s Day
- Fireworks….brought to you by the Town of O’Leary
- Summerside Chrysler Dodge Adult Singing Competition
- The awarding of the « 2018 Potato Ambassador »….brought to you by W.P. Griffins Inc. and Evangeline-Central Credit Union
And so much more, come out and join us for a fun filled event!