Festivals and Events PEI is a federation of festivals, events, and suppliers which includes over 80 members. It is a non-profit organization which is administered by a volunteer Board of Directors.
We were formed as a result of government recognizing the importance of the festivals and events industry on Prince Edward Island. We aim to increase the professionalism of festival and event staff and volunteers as well as the quality of the experience offered to the participants.
The Board meets monthly, sets goals, and proceeds through a work plan developed by each of its three committees: membership, education and marketing. We achieve our objectives through membership revenue and have received funding through Tourism PEI’s tourism investment fund. We provide our industry with a strong, representative voice for the festivals and events sector.
Board of Directors
- Peter McCrady, Chair, PEI International Shellfish Festival
- Alcide Bernard, Vice Chair, Evangeline Tourism Association
- Janet Wood, Government Representative, Manager Product Development, Tourism PEI
- Marlene Campbell, Director, Wyatt Heritage Properties
- Vacant, Treasurer
- Kent Croken, Director, Emerald Junction Summerfest
- Joeanne Roche, Director, Town of Souris
- Andrew Rowe, Director, Town of Montague
- Pam Raper, Director, Holland College
- Kady Brown, Director, Watermark Theatre
- Nicole Ward, Director, Holland College – Student Representative