Celebrate Canadian multiculturalism on June 30th at DiverseCity—a family-friendly, FREE, outdoor street-festival in downtown Charlottetown, hosted by the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada!
Join us on Victoria Row and on the Plaza in front of the Confederation Centre Public Library in Charlottetown for cultural displays, activities, kids’ crafts, and international food. Experience great music, performance, and a Global Jam on the big stage on Richmond Street sponsored again this year by Murphy’s Pharmacies. Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chair and relax on the grass in front of the Coles Building and enjoy the show.
Some quotes from festival-goers:
- “What a great event! It is so wonderful to see such a variety of people from all over the world celebrating each others cultures with so much joy! Thank you to all the people who worked to hard to make this festival possible.”
- “I must say this is one of the best events that happens in PEI. It’s a really good chance to gain some experience about different cultures/heritage!! I reallly enjoyed this and had an amazing timeeee!!”
- “It was perfect! thank you all )”
- This was a wonderful event. It was the first one I attended but it will not be the last. The music, dance and food was the best!!”
- “Had a blast, DiverseCity just keeps getting better every year!! Thank you to all the organizers for all your hard work!!”
- “Bigger and better than previous years! What a fantastic event this is! Can’t wait until next year. =)”
- “We enjoyed the food, the booths, the atmosphere! Wish there were more weekends events like it through the summer!”
Time: 4:00 pm-10:00pm rain or shine.
Visit: www.peianc.com for all the details. DiverseCIty post on PEI ANC website
Rain Location: Murphy’s Community Centre, 200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown.