134 Breakwater St
Souris, PE C0A 2B0
Join us in celebration of PEI lobster at the new PEI Lobster Festival in the seaside town of Souris. Hosted by PEI’s own Chef Michael Smith. Lots of contests, demonstrations, lobster roll challenge, culinary experiences and fun for the whole family. This festival is a free event during the day at the Souris Harbour followed by a ticketed event and an evening of entertainment with Chef Michael at the Eastern Kings Arena. Tickets are $40 for evening’s events and includes culinary reception, lobster supper and music to follow.
Festival Event Schedule
FREE EVENT FROM 12 – 5 AT THE SOURIS LIGHTHOUSE GROUNDS
- 12 Noon: PEI Lobster Festival opens
- Children’s activities, lobster discovery and more.
- Sponsor & presenter booths open
- Lobster roll competition begins with Island chefs selling their own version of lobster roll.
- Dunk tank with celebrity guests (money raised goes towards “Good Claws”)
- First musical guest starts to entertain.
- Sign up stations open for different contests – Super Cork, Lobster Eating
- Interactive lobster display tank opens with “touch a lobster” and mutant lobsters
- Lobster trap building demonstrations
- Take a tour of a lobster fishing boat
- Meet a local fisherman (representatives from different harbours)
- Souris Lighthouse open for free tours
Welcome and speeches by sponsors, host Chef Michael and special guests
Super cork contest (pull buoy, haul traps, pick and grade lobster, re-bait and set). 2 stations running consecutively and one competitor from each pairing is knocked out, one advances. Timed event with the top time from all 12 competitors automatically advancing into the final. 12 corks competing.
2pm – 2:45pm
How to cook a lobster demo with Chef Michael Smith
Lobster eating competition. Select number of participants to be randomly selected from entries. Fastest time to put on oil gear, get lobster from a station, crack and eat a lobster then run back to finish line. This is going to be fun!
Lobster roll challenge winner announced. $1000 prize and trophy given.
Announcement and awarding of prizes to other contest winners.
Closing remarks, information about evening events, lobster supper and entertainment.
Festival grounds close.
TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED FOR THIS PORTION OF THE PEI LOBSTER FESTIVAL at the EASTERN KINGS ARENA. TICKET INFORMATION HERE.
Outdoor reception with Chef Michael Smith featuring grilled lobster tails, local oysters. Licensed area.
Lobster supper finale hosted by Chef Michael. Supper includes lobster chowder, freshly cooked lobster supper and dessert (complete menu to be announced soon)
Interactive events during the meal
Door and grand prize winners awarded from ticket draw.
Photo opportunities with Chef Michael and lobster festival mascot
Concert finale. Great local band lined up! Can’t wait to announce…