7096 Commercial Rd
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
SEA became the new owner of the historical site in January 2017 and have plans to develop it into a key attraction for the area. This annual fundraiser will help support that effort, as well as, provide Island residents a new place to take part in outdoor winter fun activities.
The family-fun event is hoping to draw a big crowd and will include:
• beautiful Belgian, horse-drawn sleigh rides, by MacLeod’s Sleigh Rides,
• a chance to get up close to impressive birds of prey from Island Falconry Services,
• an opportunity to try out snowshoeing with equipment provided by Eastern Sports and Recreation Council, and
• trying your hand at archery with Archery Tag PEI.
• a well-known local sculptor demonstrating his ice-sculpting art skills.
Additional activities include:
• guided bird tours with a local birding enthusiast,
• learning how to identify animal tracks in the snow,
• seeing an ‘Animals of PEI’ display hosted by Dept. of Community, Lands & Environment,
• taking a lesson in building a wilderness survival shelter,
• learning how to build an owl nest (can purchase for $25).
• ‘Stream bugs’ display and indicator water testing by Holland College EAST students,
• learning about winter photography with a local photography enthusiast, and
• the chance to win in a 50/50 draw.
A day in the outdoors would not be complete without a blazing bonfire and hot vegetarian chili, cook-your-own hotdogs, hot chocolate and/or hot apple cider (cost $6)!.
Admission: Adult – $12, Under 12 – $7, and Family – $35 (4 max) each additional family member $5.
SEA Members: $5 discount
Watch for updates on Southeast Environmental Association’s Website, Twitter and Facebook pages.