Festivals and Events PEI is a federation of festivals, events, and suppliers which includes over 80 members. It is a non-profit organization which is administered by a volunteer Board of Directors.
We were formed as a result of government recognizing the importance of the festivals and events industry on Prince Edward Island. We aim to increase the professionalism of festival and event staff and volunteers as well as the quality of the experience offered to the participants.
The Board meets monthly, sets goals, and proceeds through a work plan developed by each of its three committees: membership, education and marketing. We achieve our objectives through membership revenue and have received funding through Innovation PEI’s Cultural Development and Growth fund. We provide our industry with a strong, representative voice for the festivals and events sector.
Board of Directors
- Emma MacKenzie, Chair, Versitile Management Group
- Grace Kimpinski, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Island Fringe Festival
- Kathleen Flanagan, Secretary, Cloggeroo Festival
- Andrew Rowe, Past Chair
- Andrew Avery, Director, Town of O’Leary
- Kylie MacHattie, Director, College of Piping
- Dallas DesJardins, Director, City of Summerside
- Cathleen MacKinnon, Director, Town of Three Rivers
- Shannon Pratt, Government Representative, Creative Industries Development Officer,